Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
After Applying for GST Registration you will have an Application Reference Number (ARN). A GST Registration Application is processed after 15 days of application but you can check the GST registration status online on the GST Portal.
Latest Updates on GST Registration
28th May 2021
Due date to file application for revocation of cancellation of registration falling between 15th April 2021 up to 29th June 2021 is 30th June 2021.
1st May 2021
The time limit to take actions, reply or pass orders as given under Rule 9 of the CGST Rules, 2017 that falls between 1st May 2021 and 31st May 2021 has been extended up to 15th June 2021.
5th March 2021
The Search ARN Functionality for Registration, post-TRN Login has been enhanced for the taxpayers.
31st January 2021
1. Persons applying for Registration in Form GST REG-01 as SEZ unit and SEZ developer would now be required to provide the validity period, as per Letter of Approval (LOA)/Letter of Permission (LOP).
2. A functionality has been provided to registrants to upload the copy of Notification issued by MEA /State while applying for Registration on GST Portal in Form GST REG-13.
3. Aadhaar Authentication for one Promoter and Primary authorized signatory has been implemented on the portal for existing taxpayers.
31st December 2020
1. For Taxpayers applying for new registration and opting for Aadhaar Authentication, the authentication would now be required to be done only for one Primary Authorized Signatory and one Promoter/Partner, instead of all.
2. A person registered as a GST Practitioner can now file an application for cancellation of their Registration, in Form GST PCT-06
3. While applying for a new Registration application, the taxpayers will now be shown some additional details related to the same PAN, in a table.
4. Immediately after initiation of GSTIN cancellation, the status of GSTIN for which cancellation is initiated will be shown as “Suspended” on the GST Portal.
5. Taxpayers can select the jurisdiction of CBIC and states/UTs on the basis of PIN code
20th August 2020
An option is given for Aadhaar authentication while obtaining the GST registration. The rules are amended with effect from 21st August 2020 as follows:
1. In case the aadhaar authentication is opted for, it must be completed while submitting the application. The date of application is earlier of the date of aadhaar authentication or fifteen days from the submission of the application in Part B of Form GST REG-01.
2. For the rest of the applicants, physical verification of place of business will be carried out, including document verification, as the case may be, with permission.
3. Cases of deemed approval have also been listed.
Click here to know more about aadhaar authentication.
27th June 2020
The time limit for completion or compliance has been further extended to 31st August 2020, where the time limit falls between the period from 20th March 2020 to 30th August 2020. But it does not include cases where a person needs to obtain GST registration under section 25 (Normal registration) and 27 (Registration as a casual taxable person/ non-resident taxable person) of the CGST Act.
3rd April 2020
The time limit for completion or compliance has been extended to 30th June 2020, where the time limit falls between the period from 20th March 2020 to 29th June 2020. It does not include cases where a person needs to obtain GST registration under section 25 (Normal registration) and 27 (Registration as a casual taxable person/ non-resident taxable person) of the CGST Act.
Here is a guide on how to check GST Application Status or GST Registration Status before logging into the GST portal or without logging into the GST portal:
Step 1 – Visit the GST Portal and go to ‘Services’ > ‘Registration’ > ‘Track Application Status’.
Step 2 – Select “Registration” from the drop down against the Module as given in the below screenshot.
Step 3 – Enter the ARN or SRN received by you on submitting the GST Registration on your email ID. Application, Also enter the Captcha code and click on SEARCH.
Service Request Number (SRN) is generated when an application for GST registration is filed on the MCA portal.
Different phases are coloured according to the application’s current status. For example, if your current status is Stage 3, it will be green until you reach Stage 3, after which it will be greyed out.
The ARN will have one of the following statuses:
Check the status of your GST registration application online and take action based on the status of ARN.
Certain taxpayers can track the application status (such as new registration, core amendment, or its cancellation, etc) after logging into the GST portal using the ARN or submission period.
It is not available for first time GST registration applicants.
Step 1: Login to the GST portal and go to Services > Track Application Status option.
Step 2: Select the option from drop down against the Module as Registration.
Step 3: You may choose to know the application status from the ARN or SRN or submission date as well.
Step 4: Click on the text “download” hyperlink to obtain the acknowledgement.
For more information, read a host of articles by ClearTax: