1. What’s Gumasta License?
Gumasta License is a registration required for doing any kind of business in the state of Maharashtra. It is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act. This is a certificate which provides you the authority to do your business at a particular place. This license is a basic requirement for any business to be recognized by Government or Bank for all business irrespective of whether it is done by a single person or big organization.
Obtaining Gumasta ensures your business can be developed without many complications and it is very important for opening a current account or obtaining any loan from the bank. Without this license in the Maharashtra State, obtaining GST registration is not possible.
2. What are the steps to be followed for registration of shop and establishment?
- This registration can be applied through the website – http://www.mcgm.gov.in
- The form under Shops and Establishment section can be filled and submitted
- It will generate a challan number and the required fee has to be paid to get the UTN number
- Print the form and with all the required documents submit it to the Shop License Dept. of Municipal Corporation
- The officer will provide the Shop license after verifying the document
- Officer may visit the place where shop and establishment located if required
Application for registration has to be submitted to the Area Inspector within 30 days of starting the business.
3. What are the documents that are required to obtain a Gumasta License?
Listed below are the documents required for the registration, apart from the general documents there are certain specific documents required to be submitted for Partnership and company which are separately mentioned below:
|General/Sole Proprietorship||Partnership||Private Company|
|Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo||Partnership Deed||Memorandum and Article Of association|
|Address proof (like Electricity bill)||Partnership Firm’s Pan||Certificate of Incorporation|
|Application Letter in the prescribed format||Partner’s ID proof – Address and Identity||Company Director’s ID proof – Address and Identity|
|Authority letter for business||Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm|
|Proof of ownership of Property|
4. Advantages of Applying for Gumasta License
Listed below are some of the benefits which small business can attain by registering for Gumasta license:
- Once you register for Gumasta license, you can avail for all the benefits and tax subsidies from the Maharashtra State Government available for this scheme.
- It serves as a proof of legal entity which gives you the right to conduct business in the Maharashtra State.
- Any business would require a business bank account to collect money from customers. Most banks demand the Gumasta license as proof of identity to open a business bank account.