Did you know that you can file TDS returns on the Income Tax Department’s website as well? TDS deductors who find the TRACES website difficult to navigate can now upload their TDS returns on http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
Before you upload TDS statements, keep the following points in mind:
- You must hold a valid TAN and it should be registered for e-filing
- Your TDS statements should be prepared using Return Preparation Utility (RPU) and validated using File Validation Utility (FVU)
- You can prepare your returns in an easy manner using ClearTDS
- You should have a valid DSC registered for e-filing if you wish to upload using DSC
- The principal contact’s bank account or demat account details should be provided or the principal contact’s PAN should be linked with Aadhar if you wish to upload using EVC
Here is a step-by-step guide on uploading TDS statements on the income tax website:
Go to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and click on ‘Login Here’.
Enter your login credentials and click on ‘Login’. Your user ID will be your TAN.
Once you’ve logged in, click on the ‘Upload TDS’ option under the TDS tab.
You will be provided with a form where you will need to select the correct details. Once the details are selected, click on Validate.
Note that TDS statements can be uploaded only from FY2010-11 and only regular statements can be uploaded on the income tax website.
Step 5 – Validate using DSC.
The TDS statements can be uploaded using either DSC or EVC. to upload using DSC, first upload the TDS zip file and also attach the digital signature file. Then, click on Upload.
Once the TDS statement is uploaded, a success message will appear on the screen and a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email ID.
Step 5 – Validate using EVC.
After step 4, if you haven’t generated a DSC, you will be able to validate the TDS statements using an electronic verification code (EVC). Upload the TDS zip file and click on ‘Click here to E-verify’.
The next screen will give you the option to use an EVC already generated or generate a new EVC.
Select the relevant option, enter the EVC and click on ‘Submit’.
For any further queries or help, reach out to us at email@example.com.