The key pointers related to the ICEGATE platform are:
All the electronic documents and messages that are handled by ICEGATE are processed at Customs’ end by ICES (Indian Customs EDI System).
- ICEGATE is the infrastructure project that fulfills the department’s Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data Interchange (EC/EDI) and data communication needs. With the help of this facility, the department provides a gamut of services that include electronic filing of Bill of Entry, Shipping bill and related electronic services.
- ICEGATE also offers a host of other services such as e-payment, document tracking status at Customs EDI, online registration for IPR, IE code status verification, online verification of DEPB/EPCG/DES licenses, PAN-based data search and links to several other important websites relating to the Customs business.
- The ICEGATE also offers a 24X7 helpdesk facility for the trading partners.
- The ICES is running at 134 custom locations.
- ICEGATE serves around 6.72 lacs of importers and exporters.
- The portal is linked with around 15 type of partners working with the Customs EDI (electronic data interchange) for exchanging messages and facilitating faster clearance from Customs and consecutively expediting Export-Import Trade.
Benefits ICEGATE offers
The introduction of ICEGATE (Indian Customs and Central Excise Electronic Commerce Gateway) has helped Customs department in becoming more accountable and has helped the department in minimizing the complaints on delay in delivery of consignments from both, the exporters and importers.
- ICEGATE portal facilitates e-filing of both the import or export declarations.
- This also allows the Customs to respond to exporters and importers after assessing shipping bills and bills of entry.
- The portal provides a sort of guarantee that the declarations filed through the digital signatures allocated by Customs, acting as a Certification Authority under the IT Act, 2000 will be not be made invalid.
Why register at ICEGATE?
For online filing of Bill of Entry, Shipping bills and other documents, one needs to get registered with ICEGATE
How to register on ICEGATE?
ICEGATE registration is a simple process; one needs to log on to the ICEGATE portal and use the registration link on the home page and provide the required details for filling up a registration form.
For what transaction can one get registered on ICEGATE?
One can register himself for following transactions:
- Import General Manifest (IGM)
- Export General Manifest (EGM)
- Consol Manifest