If you take a quick glance around you will find yourself in a whole new virtual era completely driven by technology. So, your selling and buying patterns have taken a giant leap from bricks to clicks. Because of this jump, there have developed a number of marketplaces, which have emerged with an intention to address the requirements of both sellers and buyers. One such marketplace is ShopClues.com.
As a business-consumer shopping platform, the online merchant community of ShopClues caters to the requirements of manufacturers, retailers, brand owners, resellers, professionals, franchise holders, and artisans as well. If you would also like to become a part of this great bandwagon, then here are the steps you need to follow.
Essential Steps to Register on ShopClues as a Merchant
Given below is the list of steps for registering on ShopClues:
- Log in to the official website of ShopClues, www.shopclues.com
- Then, click on the link “Merchant Registration” and register as a seller
- You will be directed to a page where you have to enter your basic information including your name, name of your online store that you want to register, email, mobile number, business type, and your password
- Press the Submit button once you successfully fill up all the mandatory fields
- Another tab will appear asking for seller information including your company and personal contact information
- Then, you have to furnish the contact person and address information from where the courier partners of ShopClues will pick up your products
- Next, you will be asked to give your bank details
- After giving all the inputs, just go ahead with the seller service fee agreement, which gives information regarding service fee and fulfilment fee based on category
- Now, you have properly complied with almost all the preliminary needs. You can now arrange for catalogues for your virtual storefront
Documents Required According to the Type of Business:
- For Registered Company
- Pan card, Identity proof, and Residential proof of each director
- Registered office proof of your company that may be lease, rent, or ownership agreement
- GST/VAT certificate unless you are a trader of handicrafts, unstitched materials, books, or even online education
- For Sole Proprietorship
- Identify Proof. It can be your PAN card, Id Proof, driving license, or Aadhaar card
- Personal address proof that can be electricity bill or your bank statement
- For a Private Limited Company
3a) ID proof
- A copy of incorporation certificate of Private limited company
- A copy of association Memorandum
- A copy of Pan card of your company
3b) Address proof
- Telephone Bill of your company
- Electricity bill of your company
- Lease, rent, or ownership agreement with your company
- For a Limited Liability Partnership
4a) ID Proof
- Partnership deed
- LLP registration certificate
- LLP Pan Card
- Power of Attorney given to the employee so as to transact on behalf of the LLP
4b) Address proof
- An officially valid document to confirm the address of partners or individuals who hold the power of attorney
ShopClues Seller Charges
The online platform charges its sellers two different fees on every transaction; namely a selling service fee as well as a fulfilment fee. On the successful sale of any item, the selling service fee will be charged. The amount charged as fee differs according to the category of goods sold. On top of this, a standard service tax will be added. Furthermore, each and every package being handled by ShopClues will attract a fulfilment service fee together with the standard service tax.
Basic Requirements for ShopClues Seller Registration:
The following licenses and registrations are needed to start selling on ShopClues:
Business Registration: For business entities, there is no specific need to become a merchant on ShopClues. However, being registered as the Private Limited Company or LLP will help in preventing unforeseen liability in addition to enjoying better access to the credit.
GST Registration: TIN or GST registration is required to promote on ShopClues. GST registration is said to be compulsory for sellers to sell product and goods in India. GST Registration is an important compliance for online businesses. ClearTax experts can help you get your business registered for GST easily, and also help you with timely return filing and other GST compliance requirements.
Bank Account: PAN Card of the merchant is mandatory on ShopClues along with bank account details. Other details including account number, PAN account holder name, and IFSC code should be submitted to ShopClues for payment process
Trademark Registration: When it comes to selling goods online, any brand will likely to get lots of exposure. Therefore, it is essential to assure the brand is trademarked in order to avoid counterfeit goods. So, sellers are required to get a trademark registration for their own brand of products and services.
Clear GST invoicing app
Make professional GST invoices for Free