Why is a change in filing type of any GSTR required?
Earlier filing of GSTR 1 was to be filed monthly by all the taxpayers. Now GSTR 1 has to be filed monthly/ quarterly on the basis of the annual turnover.
Monthly- If Annual Turnover is up to Rs 1.5 crore
Quarterly- If Annual Turnover is more Rs 1.5 crore or Annual Turnover is up to Rs 1.5 crore but opted for monthly filing of GSTR 1
Hence to give effect to this change in filing type, a change in filing type on ClearTax is also required
To know about due date of GSTRs click here
How to change filing type of GSTR?
- Log in to your account in ClearTax
- Click on ‘Change now’
- Alternatively, Click on ‘Settings’. Here you can change your filing type
- Click on ‘Edit Profile/ Filing Type’
- The following options have been provided
a) Regular Monthly- To opt for monthly filing of GSTR 1
b) Regular Quarterly-To opt for quarterly filing of GSTR 1
c) Composition Scheme- If you are a composition dealer, you have to file GSTR 4, select this option for enabling GSTR 4
- Click on ‘Save’
- As you can see on you ‘All Business’ dashboard the filing type has been changed.
- The returns format will now be available on the basis of filing type chosen by you