Why is a change in filing type of any GSTR required?Earlier filing of GSTR 1 was to be filed monthly by all the taxpayers. Now GSTR 1 has to be filed monthly/ quarterly on the basis of the annual turnover. Monthly- If Annual Turnover is up to Rs 1.5 crore Quarterly- If Annual Turnover is more Rs 1.5 crore or Annual Turnover is up to Rs 1.5 crore but opted for monthly filing of GSTR 1 Hence to give effect to this change in filing type, a change in filing type on ClearTax is also required To know about due date of GSTRs click here
How to change filing type of GSTR?
- Log in to your account in ClearTax
- Click on ‘Change now’
- Alternatively, Click on ‘Settings’. Here you can change your filing type
- Click on ‘Edit Profile/ Filing Type’
- The following options have been provided
- Click on ‘Save’
- As you can see on you ‘All Business’ dashboard the filing type has been changed.
- The returns format will now be available on the basis of filing type chosen by you