In this article, we will discuss the due dates of various GST returns. To know more about the details of each GST Return please visit our blog.
Due dates for All GST Returns
These returns are as per the GST Act-
|Return Form||Particulars||Frequency||Due Date|
|GSTR-1||Details of outward supplies of taxable goods and/or services effected||Monthly||10th of the next month|
|GSTR-2||Details of inward supplies of taxable goods and/or services effected claiming input tax credit.||Monthly||15th of the next month|
|GSTR-3||Monthly return on the basis of finalization of details of outward supplies and inward supplies along with the payment of amount of tax.||Monthly||20th of the next month|
|GSTR-3B||Simple return for Jul 2017- Mar 2018||Monthly||20th of the next month|
|GSTR-4||Return for compounding taxable person||Quarterly||18th of the month succeeding quarter|
|GSTR-5||Return for Non-Resident foreign taxable person||Monthly||20th of the next month|
|GSTR-6||Return for Input Service Distributor||Monthly||13th of the next month|
|GSTR-7||Return for authorities deducting tax at source.||Monthly||10th of the next month|
|GSTR-8||Details of supplies effected through e-commerce operator and the amount of tax collected||Monthly||10th of the next month|
|GSTR-9||Annual Return||Annually||31st December of next financial year|
|GSTR-9A||Annual Return||Monthly||31st December of next financial year|
|GSTR-10||Final Return||Once. When registration is cancelled or surrendered||Within three months of the date of cancellation or date of cancellation order, whichever is later.|
|GSTR-11||Details of inward supplies to be furnished by a person having UIN and claiming refund||Monthly||28th of the month following the month for which statement is filed|
Return filing is mandatory under GST. Even if there is no transaction, you must file a Nil return.
- You cannot file a return if you don’t file previous month/quarter’s return.
- Hence, late filing of GST return will have a cascading effect leading to heavy fines and penalty.
Late fee & Interest
- Interest is 18% per annum. It has to be calculated by the tax payer on the amount of outstanding tax to be paid. Time period will be from the next day of filing to the date of payment.
- Late fee is Rs. 100 per day per Act. So it is 100 under CGST & 100 under SGST. Total will be Rs. 200/day. Maximum is Rs. 5,000. There is no late fee on IGST.
- For delayed filing of NIL returns, late fee reduced from Rs 200 per day to Rs 20 per day.
- Late fees for GSTR-3B of July, Aug and Sept waived. Any late fees paid for these months will be credited back in Electronic Cash Ledger under ‘Tax’ and can be utilized to make GST payments.