1. What is e-invoice1-trial.nic.in?Taxpayers with turnover above Rs.500 crore can begin using the e-invoicing system on a trial basis. The website e-invoice1-trial.nic.in makes it possible for such taxpayers to do so. It would consist of broadly the following functions in relation to e-invoicing:
- Generation of unique Invoice Reference Number (IRN)
- Validation of IRN
- Cancel IRN
- Print e-invoice
- Generate MIS reports
- Authorise a sub-user to Generate IRN, cancel IRN or generate reports relating to IRN.
2. Latest updates10.02.2020: Bulk e-invoice facility launched in sandbox 07.01.2020: E-invoice APIs launched in sandbox 01.01.2020: E-invoice portal launched in sandbox
3. Content of the websiteBefore logging in:
- Upon accessing the homepage of the website, a section containing updates relating to e-invoice can be found where details regarding new features of the e-invoicing system are provided.
- The ‘Laws’ section containing various rules, forms, notifications and circulars that relate to e-invoicing.
- The ‘Help’ section where the user manuals, FAQs and tools like bulk generation tools can be found.
- A ‘Search’ section where the following information can be looked up:
- Taxpayer details by entering their GSTIN.
- Product and services details by entering the HSN Code.
- Verification of a signed invoice.
- Status of e-invoice of the taxpayer.
- The ‘Contact Us’ section containing an e-mail address and phone number for support.
- The ‘Registration’ section for first-time registration onto the website to use the e-invoicing system. The registration facility is available for different types of users such as SMS-based, mobile-based, GSP-based, API-based, etc. The mode of generation of e-invoice is available on the basis of the selection made at the registration.
- The ‘Login’ section to enter credentials after registration is successful.
1. E-invoiceThe e-invoice menu contains the following sub-menus: i. Generate IRN: This option lets the taxpayer generate the unique IRN by entering the invoice/debit note/credit note details manually. The website/IRP would digitally sign the JSON of the e-invoice and also would make available a QR code to easily access invoice details. The 64 characters long IRN would be unique to each invoice.
ii.Generate Bulk IRN: Rather than uploading details of each invoice one by one, an option has also been made available to upload multiple invoices in one single JSON file. The JSON can be generated by using the bulk converter tool that is also available on the website. Every invoice contained in the JSON will be assigned separate IRNs.
iii. Cancel IRN: Where any mistake has been made in uploading details of an invoice, the generated IRN can also be cancelled within 24 hours of generating the same. Note that the IRN cannot be deleted and hence even the IRN of a cancelled invoice remains unique. The invoice that is to be cancelled can be found by entering the acknowledgement number.Upon successful cancellation, the system displays the message ‘e-invoice cancelled successfully!!’. iv. Print e-invoice: The IRN/e-invoice number of the invoice that is required needs to be entered. A sample of the print can be seen below:
2. MIS ReportsThis option can be used to generate an MIS report. A list of invoices uploaded would be provided based on selected parameters and selected dates. This list can also be exported in excel format using the ‘Export to Excel’ tab.
3. User ManagementA large business entity may have different people performing different roles in relation to invoices in an organisation. This portal allows controlling access of such users depending on their role. As can be seen from the above figure, the various options provided are ‘Create Sub-User’, ‘Freeze Sub-User’, ‘Update Sub-User’ and ‘Change Password’. Each such sub-user will be given the following type of permissions:
- Generate Invoice Reference Number
- Cancel Invoice Reference Number
- Report Generation of Invoice Reference Number
4. UpdateIt may be a tedious task to enter business details every time an e-invoice is prepared. Hence, it is possible to use this option to auto-populate certain fields while creating the e-invoice by pulling the data from the GST common portal.
5. E-Way BillThe ‘e-way bill’ option can be used to fill up Part A of the e-way bill with only vehicle number remaining to be entered in Part B.
- I am already registered on the GST common portal. Do I have to register separately on the e-invoice portal?
- Is partial cancellation of e-invoice possible?
- What is the maximum number of sub-users that I can have?
- Is it compulsory to assign sub-users?
- Why am I not able to generate reports for a particular period, i.e., select a start period and an end period?
- Is it possible to make amendments to an e-invoice?