- Click on ‘Validate data before Upload’
- A report will be downloaded on your computer.
- As you open this report, you will notice that it contains a list of all invoices which bear any error along with exact details of the error.
- The invoices are segregated according to their nature of supply.
- Any error is explained along with appropriate action to be taken to rectify the error and the associated invoice.
- You must rectify the error and again click on ‘Validate data before Upload’. Once the report has nil errors, you can proceed with uploading your data.
|Error number||Error description||Explanation of Errors & Solutions|
|RET191106||Error in Json structure validation||
|RET191113||The GSTIN is invalid. Please provide a valid GSTIN||
|RET191114||Date is Invalid. Date of invoice cannot be before registration date.||Date mentioned in invoice is earlier than the date your customer got his GSTIN registration done. Move the invoices to B2C(S) section, i.e. delete the customer’s GSTIN mentioned in these invoices. Re-compute B2C(S) summary. Reupload to govt portal. Please note that Your customer will not be able to get Input Tax credit in such cases since he was not registered for those Invoice dates.|
|RET191115||Invoice number does not exist. Please enter a valid Invoice number.||Check the format of Invoice number. It can be maximum 16 characters long alphanumeric and may contain only ‘-’ or ‘/’ as special characters. No other types of special characters are allowed.|
|RET191117||Rate can not be repeatable. Kindly aggregate||
|RET191124||Original Invoice is Invalid. Original invoice cannot be tracked. Please enter correct invoice number and date.||Check if the invoice number mentioned in the CDN (‘inum’) is already uploaded. If not uploaded, upload the invoice first and then the CDN|
|RET191133||Invoice already exist with different CTIN or same CTIN. Please delete the existing invoice and re-upload again||This occurs because of duplication of invoices. Check if same invoice is already uploaded on govt portal. If already uploaded,
|RET191148||No section data or Gross Turnover is available to process the request||
|RET191150||IGST is mandatory for interstate supply and CGST & SGST should not be present.||
|RET191175||The rate entered is not valid according to the Rate List||
|RET191179||The Place of supply and statecode of the Supplier should be different for Inter State supply||
|RET191205||Tax amounts are not in line with the taxable value and the declared tax rate(Tax rate percentage). Please edit the tax amount or taxable value||This error is thrown up in two cases:
1. For the Data already uploaded but not filed prior 22nd February 2018,
2. For uploads made after 22nd February 2018
Solution: The resulting figure of the Tax amount of each line item against the sales invoices or any other such documents, should be equal to Taxable value * Tax rate rounded up to 2 digits.
Example: If taxable value = Rs. 100.53 and tax rate = 28%, then tax amount should be Rs. 28.15. Values such as 28, 28.1, 28.148, 28.1484, 28.1, 28.20, 29 will result in error from GSTN.
After making the necessary correction to excel data upload again.