Any Company incorporated in India and doing business here will have to mandatorily get a PAN Card. Any form of business which is generating an income will also be required to get a PAN. The PAN is to be quoted during all the financial transactions of the Company as well as in the invoices and other registrations.
Following are the documents required while applying for the PAN Card:
- The copy of Certificate of Incorporation of the Company issued by the Registrar of Companies.
- The Proof of address of the Company where its registered office is situated is required.
- If the Company has no office in India, a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation from the government, where the registered office of the Company is situated which shall be apostille by the resident Country, by the Indian Embassy or by the High Commission or the Consulate of the Country where the registered office of the Company is situated. Also, the Certificate given by the Indian Authorities to set up a business in India is to be given.
- A Bank draft for the payment of the Fees is to be given along with the application.
PAN Card can be applied either through the online mode or the offline mode. Following is the process that needs to be followed:
- A copy of the Form 49A has to be downloaded and printed from the NSDL site or the UTIITSL website
- The form has to be filled and all the supporting documents have to be annexed
- The form along with its annexures have to be submitted to the nearest NDSL processing center. The address of all the processing centers can be accessed on the TIN website of the government
- They will issue an acknowledgment as a proof of the documents submitted
- After vetting the documents, the PAN card will be dispatched to the registered office of the company. The application fee for this is Rs. 110
- The first step of this process is to go to the NSDL website and click on the link which says “ONLINE PAN APPLICATION”
- Form no 49A has to be opened and filled properly
- After filling the forms, all the documents have to be attached as annexures to the form
- After completing all the columns, it has to be submitted online
- An acknowledgment will be generated and the PAN will be delivered to the registered office of the Company
After the acknowledgment is generated the PAN Card will be sent to the registered office within a span of 15-20 days.