Aadhaar card has emerged as one of the most critical identification proofs for every Indian citizen. This unique 12-digit id has now been made mandatory for availing most benefits offered by the government. Aadhar contains two types of details, i.e. biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan and demographic details like name, address, age, contact details etc. It is expected that soon Aadhar will be required for several other services and benefits offered by Government as well as private entities. It is therefore essential to ensure that all the information that is recorded in your Aadhar is accurate and up to date.
1. Aadhaar Card Status Check Online
UIDAI has made it easier for every Aadhaar cardholder to perform multiple Aadhar related functions online. You can now log-on to the official UIDAI website and do Aadhaar card check, Aadhar card Update, Aadhar card status check online and much more.
To be able to check the status of your Aadhaar card online, you need to have the following information ready with you: –
- Your Enrolment ID with the date and time of enrolment
- Your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
Once you have this information ready with you, you can easily perform an Aadhar card status check online.
In case you have misplaced your enrolment id, you can retrieve it with the following steps: –
- Log on to the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in.
- Click on the option “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”.
- On the next page, enter your details in the specified fields. These details should be the same as given during your Aadhaar enrolment.
- Now, type in the security cope and click on Send OTP.
- You will receive the OTP on your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the space towards the right side of the screen.
- Now, click on “Verify OTP” button.
- You will now receive your Enrolment ID on your registered email/mobile number.
2. Why do you need to Check Aadhaar card status?
In case you have applied for a new Aadhaar card or have applied for updating your Aadhar data, you can now check Aadhar card status online. UIDAI has given you this option to inquire about the status of your Aadhaar card through the UIDAI portal. Performing an Aadhaar card check will help you keep track of the status of your application and if any action is required from your side. You can easily see the stage under which the Aadhar card process is and how long it might take for you to receive the Aadhaar card. As the entire process of enrolment for an Aadhar to the final Aadhar card reaching you can take around 90 days, keeping a status check online is a handy option. This saves you the inconvenience of going again to the enrolment centre for Aadhar card status check.
Here are the steps that you need to follow for Aadhar card status check online.
- Aadhaar Card Check for a new Aadhaar card
Your Enrolment ID is made up of 28 digits which include the 14-digit enrolment number and 14-digits of date and time details of the enrolment. Having your enrolment id is essential to be able to check the status of your Aadhar card online.
- Log on to the official UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in
- Towards the left of your screen, you will be able to see a column with heading “Aadhaar Enrolment”, under this there will be an option “Check Aadhaar Status”. Click on this option.
- On the next screen, enter your Enrolment details along with the captcha. Now click on “Check Status”.
- You will now be able to see your Aadhaar status on the screen.
- If your Aadhaar card has been generated, you will be able to see the Aadhar number on the screen and will also be able to access the links to download your e-Aadhar or receive the Aadhaar details on your mobile phone.
- If your Aadhar card has not been generated, you will be able to see the current status of your request.
- If your request for Aadhaar has been rejected, you will be able to see the reason for rejection on the screen. This would require you to revisit the enrolment centre and re-apply for Aadhar card.
- Aadhaar Card Online Update
If you want to update any demographic information on your Aadhaar card, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Log on to the official UIDAI website https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/aadhaar-home/
- Click on the link “Update Aadhaar Detail Online.”
- On the next page enter your Aadhaar number and the security code and click on “Send OTP”.
- You will receive an OTP on your phone. Enter it on the screen and click “Submit”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the required details.
- When you hit the submit button, you will be able to see a URN.
- On the next screen select the BPO you want to choose.
- You can now download the acknowledgement copy and keep it safe for Aadhaar card status check online as and when you want.
- Aadhaar Card Update Status Check Online
Once you have applied for Aadhaar card update online, you can do an Aadhaar Card check online through the following steps: –
- Log-on to the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in
- Click on the link “Check Status – Update done online”.
- This will take you the check status page.
- Now, on the next screen, enter your Aadhar Number, URN and SRN in the designated fields.
- Enter the security code and click on “Get Status”.
- Now you will be able to see the status of your Aadhaar update request and if it has been accepted or rejected. If it has been accepted, you can download the e-Aadhar online. If it has been rejected, you need to restart the online update process.
With the option of Aadhaar card status check online, you can now keep a track on the status of the update requests as well as the status of your new Aadhar card easily.