Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your response
FREE Trial for 30 Days
Let’s understand in detail about the generation of Eway bill.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
9th June 2020
Any e-way bills generated on or before 24th March 2020 (whose validity has expired on or after 20th March 2020) is extended till 30th June 2020.
5th May 2020
Any e-way bill generated on or before 24th March 2020 remains valid until 31st May 2020, if its validity period expires anytime between 20th March 2020 and 15th April 2020.
3rd April 2020
The validity of the e-way bill extended till 30th April 2020, if the e-way bill expires between 20th March 2020 to 15th April 2020. Further, the CBIC’s notification of an extended time limit up to 30th June 2020 for any compliance falling due between 20th March 2020 and 29th June 2020 does not apply to the generation of e-way bills after 15th April 2020.
Many times a single conveyance do not fulfil the consignment requirement entirely. Supplier or transporters may need two or more conveyances for shipment of the entire consignment. In such cases, a delivery challan comes in handy. Now the question arises how to generate an Eway bill when there is more than one conveyance involved to transport the same good in a single invoice?
For instance – Say a Wind turbine is being transported in Semi Knocked Down condition as Rotor blades, Shaft and Generator in separate trucks due to the size of the huge Turbine (Case-1).
Here are steps to be followed as laid down by GST law:
In the above situation, a user must comply law through the issue of Delivery Challan and to understand the use of this document is important.
The following are the instances defined under the law when a delivery challan is issued:
The supplier shall issue the Delivery challan and it is to be carried by the person in charge of a conveyance. A transporter has to issue DC where transportation is outsourced. All in all, the Eway bill brings uniform rules which will be applicable throughout the country. The digital interface will facilitate faster movement of goods. It is bound to improve the turnaround time of vehicles and help the logistics industry reducing the travel time, unnecessary documentation as well as costs.
ClearTax EwayBill, simple, accurate and intelligent software helps you understand these prominent issues revolving around compliance with Eway bill rules. We offer you Built-in tools to import the multiple documents issued to generate Eway bills in the most convenient and hassle-free way!