1. Process of Updating the Vehicle Number on EWBsVehicle Number is an optional field when generating e-Way Bill. But, e-Way Bill without a vehicle number is not valid for movement of goods. The e-way bill portal provides an option of updating vehicle number on the document. This option can be used in the following cases:
- Vehicle Number was not entered on generation of the e-Way Bill OR
- The goods are shifted to another vehicle/conveyance during transit due to break down or transshipment.
Here is a step-by-step Process to Update Vehicle Number:Step-1: Login to the e-way bills portal and Select ‘Update Vehicle No’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard. Note: If Consolidated Ewy bill needs an update of transport /vehicle details, select ‘Re-generate’ under ‘Consolidated EWB’appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard. Rest of the steps remain same. Step-2: Against ‘Show e-Way Bill By:’, Select either ‘e-Way Bill No.’ or ‘Generated Date’. Enter the e-Way Bill No. or Date and Click on ‘Go’.
List of filtered e-Way Bills will appear according to your choice.Select the relevant e-Way Bill for which you want to update the vehicle number. Step-3: Enter the details on this page:
- Vehicle number
- From Place
- select the reason for the change from the drop-down – Transhipment, Vehicle Break down or Not updated earlier
- remarks if any
2. Updating Transporter ID on eWay BillsOriginally assigned Transporter/ seller who generated Eway bill can change/ re-assign the Transporter ID thereby replacing existing transporter with a new transporter. If the originally assigned transporter assigns another transporter by changing the TransID, then the seller cannot make any changes. Here is a step-by-step of re-assignment of another transporter: Step-1: Select ‘Update EWB Transporter’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side panel of dashboard Step-2: Enter the Eway bill number and Click ‘Go’ Note: You may enter Transporter GSTIN or Transporter enrolment ID Step-3: Enter the new/changed Transporter ID ( name of transporter appears for your check) and Click on ‘Submit’ The updated Eway bill appears on the screen. Click on Print to print the Eway bill. Note that the Eway bill number does not change by the change in transporter details.
3. How to Reject EWBs?A taxpayer can use this option to reject the e-way bills generated by other parties (as recipients/suppliers) on the former’s GSTIN. For example, where the consignment did not reach the destination at all as it was cancelled on the way, the recipient may reject the e-way bill. Prerequisites:
- Date of generation of e-way bill
- E-way bill number you want to reject
4. Cancellation of e-Way BillsIf the goods were never transported or are not transported as per the details furnished in the e-Way Bill, then the generator of such e-way bills can cancel the e-way bill by following these steps. Note:
- E-way bills can be cancelled by the generator of such e-way bills only.
- The time-limit to cancel is within 24 hours of generating the e-way bill.
- Once canceled, it is illegal to use such E-Way Bill.
- If the e-Way Bill verified by any empowered officer it cannot be canceled.
5. How to extend validity period of eway bills?Validity period of Eway bills can be extended by the generator of the eway bills either four hours before expiry or within four hours after expiry of Eway bill. Here is how to do the same: Step 1: Login-> select ‘Extend validity’ under ‘e-Waybill’ option on dashboard Step-2: Enter E-way bill number of the e-way bill you want an extension Step-3: The E-way bill form appears->Click on ‘Yes’ against Question ‘Do you wish to get an extension for this EWB?’ at the bottom of the screen. You may re-enter the distance, Place of dispatch and Place of delivery Note that once validity is extended, the new E-way bill number gets allotted in place of the old one.
For Further Reading and Understanding on E-Way Bills:
- How to generate e-way bill on Website?
- How to use SMS facility to generate/modify/cancel e-way bills?
- E-Way Bills: How to generate Consolidated E-Way Bills on the E-Way Bill portal?