Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your response
1 click autofill GSTR-3B with G1 and 2B data
Download 2B data for multiple months in < 2mins
GSTR-2B vs purchase matching in under 1 min
Save upto 7% in taxes
Claim 100% ITC and save ~4% GST
3x faster experience
Save 2 man days every GSTIN month
Easy to connect
Connect with 100s of ERP’s, import data error-free
In this article you can know the steps to manage already generated e-way bills (EWBs)/Consolidated e-way bills.
Latest Updates on e-way bills
1st June 2021
1. The e-way bill portal, in its release notes, has clarified that a suspended GSTIN cannot generate an e-way bill. However, a suspended GSTIN as a recipient or as a transporter can get a generated e-way bill.
2. the mode of transport ‘Ship’ has now been updated to ‘Ship/Road cum Ship’ so that the user can enter a vehicle number where goods are initially moved by road and a bill of lading number and date for movement by ship. This will help in availing the ODC benefits for movement using ships and facilitate the updating of vehicle details as and when moved on road.
18th May 2021
The CBIC in Notification 15/2021-Central Tax has notified that the blocking of GSTINs for e-Way Bill generation is now considered only for the defaulting supplier’s GSTIN and not for the defaulting recipient or the transporter’s GSTIN.
17th March 2021
1. The e-way bills portal has released an update stating that e-way bills cannot be generated with only SAC codes (99) for services. There should be a minimum of one HSN code belonging to goods mentioned mandatorily.
2. Vehicle type ODC is provisioned for transport mode ‘Ship’.
3. Transporters are provided with a report of e-way bills based on the assigned date.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
Vehicle Number is an optional field when generating the part-A of the e-Way Bill. But, e-Way Bill without a vehicle number is not valid for movement of goods. The e-way bill portal provides an option of updating vehicle number on the document. This option can be used in the following cases:
This option can be used many times for an e-way bill within its validity period. Note that no other details of e-way bills can be edited. Also, bulk update vehicle number option is available on the e-way bill portal where an excel template can be filled up and uploaded on the portal for updating vehicle details for multiple e-way bills at a single shot.
Step-1:Login to the e-way bills portal and Select ‘Update Vehicle No’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Note: If the Consolidated e-way bill needs an update of transport /vehicle details, select ‘Re-generate’ under ‘Consolidated EWB’ appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Rest of the steps remain the same.
Step-2: Against ‘Show e-Way Bill By:’, Select either ‘e-Way Bill No.’ or ‘Generated Date’. Enter the e-Way Bill No. or Date and Click on ‘Go’.
List of filtered e-Way Bills will appear according to your choice.
Select the relevant e-Way Bill for which you want to update the vehicle number.
Step-3: Enter the details on this page:
Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Note: Instead of vehicle number, enter transporter document number if the mode of transportation is rail, air, or ship.
The e-way bill gets updated with new details instantly. Errors (if any) will be displayed. Even consolidated Eway bills can be updated for the vehicle details.
Originally assigned Transporter/ seller who generated e-way bills can change/ re-assign the Transporter ID thereby replacing existing transporter with a new transporter. If the originally assigned transporter assigns another transporter by changing the TransID, then the seller cannot make any changes. Further, only Part-B details can be edited.
Here is a step-by-step of re-assignment of another transporter:
Step-1: Select ‘Update EWB Transporter’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option appearing
on the left-hand side panel of the dashboard.
Note: You may enter Transporter GSTIN or Transporter enrolment ID.
Step-3: Enter the new/changed Transporter ID ( name of transporter appears for your check) and Click on ‘Submit’.
The updated e-way bill appears on the screen. Click on Print to print the Eway bill. Note that the Eway bill number does not change by the change in transporter details.
A taxpayer can use this option to reject the e-way bills generated by other parties (as recipients/suppliers) on the former’s GSTIN.
For example, where the consignment did not reach the destination at all as it was cancelled on the way, the recipient may reject the e-way bill.
Login to the e-way bill portal, Click on ‘Reject’ appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
The following screen appears :
Select the date on which the e-way bill was generated and Click on ‘Submit’ List of E-way bills that was generated on the selected date. Tick mark against the concerned e-way bill you want to reject on the right-hand side. You get a message on the screen once the e-way bill is successfully rejected.
Note: As a second party, one can communicate the acceptance or rejection of such consignment specified in the e-Way Bill. If the acceptance or rejection is not communicated within 72 hours from the time of generation of e-Way Bill, it is deemed that he has accepted the details.
If the goods were never transported or are not transported as per the details furnished in the e-Way Bill, then the generator of such e-way bills can cancel the e-way bill by following these steps.
Here are the steps to follow:
Step-1: Click on ‘e-way bill’ or ‘Consolidated EWB’ and Select ‘Cancel’ from the drop down
Step-2: Enter the 12 -digit E-way bill number for the EWB you want to cancel and click on ‘Go’.
The EWB selected appears. Give a suitable reason for cancellation. For example, the goods are not being moved, incorrect entry in the E-way bill entered.
Validity period of Eway bills can be extended by the generator of the eway bills either eight hours before expiry or within eight hours after expiry of Eway bill. Here is how to do the same:
Step 1: Login-> select ‘Extend validity’ under ‘e-Waybill’ option on dashboard.
Step-2: Enter E-way bill number of the e-way bill you want an extension
Step-3: The E-way bill form appears->Click on ‘Yes’ against Question ‘Do you wish to get an extension for this EWB?’ at the bottom of the screen. Enter the reason for extension as well.
You may re-enter the distance, place of dispatch and place of delivery.
Note that once validity is extended, the new e-way bill number gets allotted in place of the old one. The user cannot change the details of Part-A. He will get the extended validity for the remaining distance to travel.