www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in – Income Tax Department WebsiteIncometaxindiaefiling.gov.in is the Income Tax Department, Government of India website to help taxpayers file their Income Tax returns online. Taxpayers use this website every year to file their taxes.
1. How to Register on the Income Tax Website and File Returns?The following steps will help you login/register on the Income Tax Department website:
- Go to the Income Tax Department website. You will find ‘Register Yourself’ on the right-hand side. Click on the same:
- To register, start by selecting your user type in step 1. Individual/HUF is the usertype of the taxpayer.
- Next, enter your personal details like PAN, name, and date of birth. The PAN will then become the user ID for the income tax department website.
- On the registration form screen, you’ll be asked to setup your password and security questions, in case you forget your password. It is essential to include lowercase and uppercase letters along with special characters.
- Enter your mobile number and email ID. Put in your personal email ID and phone numberPlease, make sure that you do not provide company email ID because these contact details will be used by the IT department for all further communications.
- Finally, enter your present and permanent address details.
- The website, will then verify your PAN to their database and display your transaction ID and contact details on the last screen.
- You will need to activate your Income Tax Department account by clicking on the activation link in the email they send.
2. How to log into your account in the income tax efiling portal?After registering yourself on the income tax efiling portal, let us understand how to log into the portal. To access the India income tax login page, you have to go to the homepage of the government portal, where you will see a box on the right side that has a ‘Login Here’ button for registered users. Click on it. Once you have clicked on that button, you will be taken to the login page where you have to enter in your username and income tax login password. Remember: The user ID is your PAN number. Did you know that you don’t have to bother about your login details if you efiling on ClearTax? You can login easily using your Google account.
3. View and download your Form 26AS (Tax Credit Statement)The tax credit statement or Form 26AS contains details of tax deducted on behalf of you by deductors. It also contains details of tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors as well as tax refund. You can view your tax credit statement to know the TDS deducted and submitted on your behalf by different deductors and collectors.
4. E-File Your Income Tax Returns Without the PasswordYou can e-file your IT returns without your income tax website password. Just visit www.cleartax.in and start by entering your income details. You can also upload your Form 16, and we automatically prepare your income tax return and file it with the IT department website.
5. Recover Your Income Tax Department PasswordTo be able to login and e-file your income tax returns, you will need your IT department password. If you’ve lost your password, you can reset your password. You need to be able to login to your income tax website account to view tax credit statements and more.
File your returns for FREE on ClearTax
ClearTax is the largest ERI in India and e-filing on ClearTax takes 7 minutes, even for first-time e-filers.
After you e-file your IT returns on ClearTax, you can also access your returns on Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
File Your Income Tax Returns 10 Times Faster with Cleartax
- ClearTax is the fastest and easiest income tax e-filing alternative to the Government of India website.
- You don’t need to download any income tax return forms, run java utilities or manually fill income sources to prepare your ITR. Clear tax auto-detects all your information.
- You can e-file income from salary, house property, capital gains, business profession and income from other sources all on the same website.
- ClearTax lets your e-file all income tax return forms – ITR-1, ITR-2, ITR-3, ITR-4, ITR-5 and ITR-6.
Indians filed taxes through ClearTax in FY 17-18
7 mins to e-file returns on ClearTax (vs 3 hrs on a traditional medium)
25,369 companies’ employees filed their taxes on ClearTax
18 lakh hours saved in tax filing by ClearTax’s platform
Lakhs of Indians trust ClearTax to file their income tax returns every Year
It takes 5min. to clear all your e-filing worries. Cleartax.in an awesome service! #efiling
– Rama Naidu, Artist and Engineer
Hat-tip to @cleartax_in for making Indian Income Tax super easy. Form 16 to e-filing in less than 15 minutes.
– Vishnu Gopal, CTO, MobME Wireless
I just e-filed with ClearTax and it took me 10 minutes! I can’t believe last year I wasted an hour filing my returns on the official website.
– Pratyush Mishra, PM, Infosys
Once again @cleartax_in to the rescue, makes the horrible task of filing returns, a breeze!
– Michelle Desa, Designer and Engineer
I filed my entire family’s income returns through ClearTax, this year! The support team and specially the CA was super helpful. I’m never hiring a personal CA to do my taxes! Not even the government website is this easy.
– Priyanka Bahl, HR Head, PGS
Ladies, you can file your returns for free on cleartax.in – used it last year and again this year, very easy to use
– Sonika Bhasin, Media Professional
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download Tax Credit or 26AS ?Login to your income tax account
- My Account
- From drop down menu select View 26AS
- Select Continue
- Agree and Proceed
- View 26AS
- Select Assessment Year form drop down
- Select Format Type
- Select View and Download to download
- Select Download as PDF