Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
FREE Trial for 30 Days
E-way bill is a document that a person in charge of the conveyance/vehicle has to carry if the value of goods he is carrying is more than Rs. 50,000. In certain circumstances, the end consumer may also have to generate an e-way bill. In this article, we will look at cases when consumers/ citizens are required to generate an e-way bill and the steps to generate the same.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
9th June 2020
Any e-way bills generated on or before 24th March 2020 (whose validity has expired on or after 20th March 2020) is extended till 30th June 2020.
5th May 2020
Any e-way bill generated on or before 24th March 2020 remains valid until 31st May 2020, if its validity period expires anytime between 20th March 2020 and 15th April 2020.
3rd April 2020
The validity of the e-way bill extended till 30th April 2020, if the e-way bill expires between 20th March 2020 to 15th April 2020. Further, the CBIC’s notification of an extended time limit up to 30th June 2020 for any compliance falling due between 20th March 2020 and 29th June 2020 does not apply to the generation of e-way bills after 15th April 2020.
In cases where goods whose value exceeds Rs. 50,000 is transported by a consumer’s own vehicle (assuming the recipient consumer is unregistered), he has to carry an e-way bill during the transportation of such goods. The consumer can fill in the vehicle number in Part B of Form GST EWB-01. If the person transporting the goods is an unregistered person or a normal citizen, he can either request the supplier to generate an e-way bill or he can generate it himself by logging into the e-way bill portal for citizens.
Step-1: Visit e-way bill portal
Step-2: Go to “Registration” and select “E-way bill for Citizens”
Step-3: Click “ Generate New EWB” to generate an e-way bill
Step-4: Fill up basic information in the application for enrollment and click on “ Continue to Bill Generation”
Step-5: Fill up the details of the items being moved along with the Vehicle details.
Step 6: After filling up these details, Click on ‘Submit’. The e-way bill with a unique e-way bill number gets generated.
After an e-way bill has been generated and the vehicle number has to be updated/ revised, the following steps help in updating the same:
This step will further lead to a screen which requires us to enter the new vehicle number. The same steps mentioned above (i.e. mobile number and e-way bill number) can be used to print the e-way bill from the portal as well as to cancel the e-way bill.