Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your response
Government of Telangana is known to have consistently strengthened its Information Technology structure. This can be seen with the number of reforms undertaken since its formation in June 2014. To ensure that good governance and compliance system be in place, Telangana Government also has had a temporary waybill system in effect during the GST era prior the Centre-led e-way bill system took off.
29th August 2021
From 1st May 2021 to 18th August 2021, the taxpayers will not face blocking of e-way bills for non-filing of GSTR-1 or GSTR-3B (two months or more for monthly filer and one quarter or more for QRMP taxpayers) for March 2021 to May 2021.
4th August 2021
Blocking of e-way bills due to non-filing of GSTR-3B resumes from 15th August 2021.
1st June 2021
1. The e-way bill portal, in its release notes, has clarified that a suspended GSTIN cannot generate an e-way bill. However, a suspended GSTIN as a recipient or as a transporter can get a generated e-way bill.
2. the mode of transport ‘Ship’ has now been updated to ‘Ship/Road cum Ship’ so that the user can enter a vehicle number where goods are initially moved by road and a bill of lading number and date for movement by ship. This will help in availing the ODC benefits for movement using ships and facilitate the updating of vehicle details as and when moved on road.
18th May 2021
The CBIC in Notification 15/2021-Central Tax has notified that the blocking of GSTINs for e-Way Bill generation is now considered only for the defaulting supplier’s GSTIN and not for the defaulting recipient or the transporter’s GSTIN.
17th March 2021
1. The e-way bills portal has released an update stating that e-way bills cannot be generated with only SAC codes (99) for services. There should be a minimum of one HSN code belonging to goods mentioned mandatorily.
2. Vehicle type ODC is provisioned for transport mode ‘Ship’.
3. Transporters are provided with a report of e-way bills based on the assigned date.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
Government of Telangana is known to have consistently strengthened it’s Information Technology structure. This can be seen and felt in the shift from manual to automated Waybills in the region since December 2015. Waybills existed in the pre-GST regime also.
There were VAT Waybills and CST Waybills in the State. Printed Waybills in Form X or also known as Form 600, issued by State Government or Commissioner were required to be carried by every dealer who transported goods by a Goods Vehicle within the State, in original and duplicate copies. The original copy of Waybill had to be submitted to the Officer in charge at the first Checkpost through which the carrier passed.
Where the goods came into the State from any other State, then the Waybills generated in such other State along with the tax invoice or valid documents was accepted.
All dealers of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad alongwith the R.R District had to use the online generated ewaybills and not the manual Waybills starting 1st December 2015. Manufacturers who had to transport goods could produce the gate-cum-invoice raised by them as the valid document or pass instead of the Waybill prescribed. He had to ensure that TIN was mentioned clearly on such Invoice.
Yes. ewaybills are required to be generated and used in the State of Telangana. For the movement of goods within the State(intra-state transport), the commercial tax department has its own State Portal where eway bills can be generated starting February 10, 2018.
This has to be followed until the State notifies date for implementation of eway bills on the common NIC portal for intra-state movement of goods.
For the movement of goods across the State borders ( inter-state transport), the users have to start using the common NIC portal or the ewaybill portal starting April 1, 2018.
The intermediary rules defined for intra-state movement of goods on the Telangana e-way bill portal is on the same lines as that of the CGST rules. -When to generate eway bills?
For movement of goods of value exceeding Rs. 50,000 within the Telangana state, ewaybills have to be generated and carried along with the goods being transported.
-Who has to generate eway bills? Supplier/ recipient registered person in Telangana State and If supplier is unregistered but recipient is registered then recipient has to generate ewaybills.
-Procedure Registered person, required to generate Waybill initially should register at www.tgct.gov.in/gstwaybill, if not registered earlier. Once registered, login to the above site and generate ewaybill. Take print in triplicate. Issue the original and duplicate thereof duly signed by him or his manager or agent, to the owner or the other person in charge of the goods vehicle. The original copy must be submitted with the officer who verifies or inspects the goods in transit for the first time in the State. The duplicate must be retained by the person in charge of the vehicle.
-Validity period is fixed based on the distance. Period is to be calculated from the time of generation of the Form Waybill:
(a) if the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is less than 100 KMs, validity period is two (2) days from the day and time of generation.
(b) if the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is between 101 KMs and 500 KMs, validity period is three (3) days from the day and time of generation.
(c) if the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is between 1001 KMs and 2000 KMs, validity period is ten (10) days from the day and time of generation.
(d) if the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is between 2001 KMs and above, validity period is ten (12) days from the day and time of Generation. -Cases when eway bills are not required Cases where ewaybill generation under above method is not applicable are with respect to the movement of
(1) Alcoholic liquor for human consumption
(2) Petroleum crude
(3) High speed diesel oil (HSD)
(4) Motor spirit (commonly known as petrol)
(5) Natural gas
(6) Aviation turbine fuel. -Important points to note are : If the vehicle number is not known and the goods are handed over to the Transporter for Transport, the person can mention the same in the Waybill form.
When goods covered by a single invoice are carried in more than one goods vehicle, a separate ‘Way bill’ has to be generated for each vehicle.
Step 1: Go to www.tgct.gov.in/gstwaybill
Step 2: Click on “Registration for GST Waybill” link on the home page.
Step 3: Enter GSTIN and press Enter. Below screen appears
Step 4: Fill all the required details and Click on ‘Get Password’. Password is sent to the official mail ID. Use this to login on the Telangana way bill portal and start generating eway bills.
Once logged in the Telangana portal, below dashboard appears:
Click on ‘Generate Waybills’ under ‘EWAYBILLS’ Option.
Enter the all the mandatory fields on the screen. Download the excel file, fill up all the details of transactions, supplier or recipient and the vehicle. Upload the file by clicking ‘Upload File’.
Verify the correctness of entries made and Click on ‘Submit’ to proceed. Once submitted. Eway bill is generated in PDF. Download and print the same for use.
Inter-state movement of goods across India requires eway bill generation from the NIC portal starting April 1, 2018. Also suppliers must start using this portal instead of the Telangana portal once the State of Telangana notifies the applicability of eway bills generation from the NIC portal. Following taxpayers can use the NIC portal:
Registered Suppliers Registered/ Unregistered Transporters Unregistered Suppliers Registration on the e-way bill portal is compulsory to generate the e-Way Bills. We have a detailed guide on how to register on the NIC portal to generate eway bills.