Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your response
1 click autofill GSTR-3B with G1 and 2B data
Download 2B data for multiple months in < 2mins
GSTR-2B vs purchase matching in under 1 min
Save upto 7% in taxes
Claim 100% ITC and save ~4% GST
3x faster experience
Save 2 man days every GSTIN month
Easy to connect
Connect with 100s of ERP’s, import data error-free
Large-sized business houses or logistic operators having many consignments across the country on a single day to handle would prefer a simple and time-saving system where they generate all the required e-way bills or Update vehicle details by a single file upload.
This can be made possible by using the facility of Bulk generation of e-way bills on the e-way bills portal.
A bulk e-way bill option is used when a user needs to generate multiple e-Way Bills/ consolidated e-way bills/update multiple e-way bills in one shot by a single upload.
In this article, we cover the step-by-step process to be followed for Bulk Generation of e-way bills /consolidated e-way bills on the e-way bill portal.
1st June 2021
1. The e-way bill portal, in its release notes, has clarified that a suspended GSTIN cannot generate an e-way bill. However, a suspended GSTIN as a recipient or as a transporter can get a generated e-way bill.
2. the mode of transport ‘Ship’ has now been updated to ‘Ship/Road cum Ship’ so that the user can enter a vehicle number where goods are initially moved by road and a bill of lading number and date for movement by ship. This will help in availing the ODC benefits for movement using ships and facilitate the updating of vehicle details as and when moved on road.
18th May 2021
The CBIC in Notification 15/2021-Central Tax has notified that the blocking of GSTINs for e-Way Bill generation is now considered only for the defaulting supplier’s GSTIN and not for the defaulting recipient or the transporter’s GSTIN.
17th March 2021
1. The e-way bills portal has released an update stating that e-way bills cannot be generated with only SAC codes (99) for services. There should be a minimum of one HSN code belonging to goods mentioned mandatorily.
2. Vehicle type ODC is provisioned for transport mode ‘Ship’.
3. Transporters are provided with a report of e-way bills based on the assigned date.
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
Prerequisites to bulk generate e-Way Bills/consolidated e-Way Bills are:
Templates are available for following:
1. To bulk-generate Eway bills
You can use either of the below two methods of preparing the data file for uploading on the portal to generate Bulk EWB :
Step-2: Update the downloaded file with the requisite details. The file in JSON is ready for upload.
The tool helps convert the multiple e-Way Bills/Consolidated EWBs excel file into a single JSON file.
Step-3: Update the .xlsx file (excel template) with the requisite details.
Step-4: Use the .xlsm converter tool to convert the excel file into a JSON file.
The resulting file in JSON is ready for upload.
The second method i.e. using bulk converter tool to convert excel into JSON template is preferable over the first i.e. updating JSON template directly and using it. The reason being there is a validation that takes place when you convert the updated excel template into the JSON template, where any errors shall be reported to you for your corrections even before uploading the JSON file.
2. To bulk-update vehicle details
Download the ‘Vehicle No Updation JSON Preparation’ template from ‘Bulk Generation Tools’ available under ‘How to use’ from home page tabs.
Once the template is downloaded, fill up the details and validate the file by clicking on ‘Validate’ button in the excel file. After validating for any errors, Click on ‘Prepare JSON’. The JSON file is ready for use!
1. For Bulk-generation
Once the updated JSON File is ready for upload, Following steps can be followed for generating single EWB or consolidated EWB:
Step 1: Login using the username, password and entering the captcha code.
Step 2: Select ‘ Generate bulk’ under ‘E-waybill ’ option or ‘ Consolidated EWB’ option as per your choice, appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Choose the saved JSON file from your system and click ‘Upload and Generate’
After processing the JSON file, the system generates EWBs in a list as depicted below:
You can copy the resulting listed E-Way bills numbers and date of generation and paste the same in a document saved on your system for further action.
Errors if any appear against each EWB entry. Make corrections accordingly and process it again.
2. For bulk-updation of vehicle details
Once the updated JSON File is ready for upload, Following steps can be followed for updating vehicle details:
Step-1: Select ‘Update Vehicle-Bulk’ under e-Waybill option on the dashboard
Step-2: Click on’ Choose File’ and Select the JSON file you want to upload.
Step-3: Click on ‘Generate’ to update the vehicle details for the Eway bills inputted through the JSON file.
Go to ‘How to use’ on login home page-> Select ‘Tools’ -> Click ‘Bulk generation Tools’
The Following screen appears:
Click on the desired file/format to Download.