Thank you for your response
Our representative will get in touch with you shortly.
FREE Trial for 30 Days
The objective of introducing E-Way Bill (EWB) is to allow a common permit for movement of goods throughout the country.
ewaybillgst.gov.in is the official government portal or site to generate, manage and cancel EWBs. This is a common web portal to be used across India by all taxpayers and transporters who want to generate EWBs.
Earlier the portal functioned on ewaybill.nic.in. GST Council instructed to re-direct the same on a new platform-ewaybillgst.gov.in. This portal is maintained by NIC earlier operated as ewaybill.nic.in
22nd December 2020
1. The CBIC increased the distance per day in case of goods transported through vehicles, other than the over-dimensional cargo, for determining the validity, as follows:
(a) It is one day – For a distance of up to 200 km as against earlier 100 km
(b) An additional day is taken- For every additional 200 km or part thereof, as against previously notified additional 100 km or part thereof
2. Regarding blocking of the e-way bill where a taxpayer fails to file GSTR-3B, the provision has been amended to replace two or more months with two or more tax periods. The same has been changed to include the quarterly return filers.
16th November 2020
1. According to Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the e-way bill generation facility of a taxpayer will be restricted, if the taxpayer fails to file their Form GSTR-3B returns or statement in Form GST CMP-08, for tax periods of two or more.
2. On 1st December 2020, the system will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, for the class of taxpayers to whom it applies, and restrict the generation of e-way bill in case of:
(a) Non-filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to October 2020; and
(b) Non-filing of two or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to July to September 2020
3. From 1st December 2020 onwards, blocking of e-way bill generation facilities would be made applicable to all taxpayers, irrespective of their Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO), according to the terms of Rule 138E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017.
4. The blocking will take place periodically from 1st December 2020 onwards.
5. To continue generating e-way bill on the e-way bill portal, taxpayers are advised to file their pending GSTR-3B returns/GST CMP-08 statements immediately.
9th June 2020
Any e-way bills generated on or before 24th March 2020 (whose validity has expired on or after 20th March 2020) is extended till 30th June 2020.
5th May 2020
Any e-way bill generated on or before 24th March 2020 remains valid until 31st May 2020, if its validity period expires anytime between 20th March 2020 and 15th April 2020.
3rd April 2020
The validity of the e-way bill extended till 30th April 2020, if the e-way bill expires between 20th March 2020 to 15th April 2020. Further, the CBIC’s notification of an extended time limit up to 30th June 2020 for any compliance falling due between 20th March 2020 and 29th June 2020 does not apply to the generation of e-way bills after 15th April 2020.
ewaybill.nic.in has undergone a lot of changes since its institution last year and a lot more is expected in the coming days once EWay bill implementation kicks off full-fledgedly.
The Main/Homepage ewaybill.nic.in looks as displayed below:
The following Tabs can be found on the main page without the user logging in:
Let’s check what’s covered under each of them.
The user may select either Rules, Forms, Notifications and Circulars from the drop-down list. The format of various forms governing Eway bill rules such as EWB-01, EWB-02, EWB-03, EWB-04, EWB-05, EWB-06, ENR-01 and INV-01 may be referred to by selecting ‘Forms’ button. Latest notifications & Circulars on EWB are also available for reference on this page. The rules, notifications and circulars can be accessed state wise.
The drop-down list in this tab consists of the User manual, CBT, FAQs, Advertisement and Tools.
Most important button you can find under this Tab is ‘Tools-> Bulk generation Tools’ under which user can find & download the Excel templates, Excel to JSON conversion tool and JSON sample files that can be filled up and uploaded on the portal for Bulk generation for Eway bills or for Bulk updation of transporter details. Written manuals include how to use the web system, SMS system, Bulk generation system and API system. Users can also find step-by-step guides on how to use the EWB portal in the form of written manuals and CBT( Videos).
NIC also has clarified through frequently asked questions on EWBs about the issues faced by the user while using the EWB portal. Written manuals include how to use the web system, SMS system, Bulk generation system and API system.
User can track/search for the following :
You can find the help desk phone number and a link to Grievance Redressal Portal for GST. Also, the contact details of region-wise helpdesk to resolve your e-Way Bill portal queries.
A new user may register on the eway bill portal by clicking Registration on the Home page tabs. Drop-down appears with options for e-way bill registration available for normal GST registered user, Enrollment for transporters and Enrolment for citizens.
Supplier/ Recipient/ Transporter registered under GST can register on the E-way bill portal by clicking on the link ‘e-Way Bill Registration’ available under ‘Registration’ on home page tab. Prerequisites for registering on e-way bill portal are :
GST registered users can update themselves as Transporters after logging in by clicking ‘Update’-> ‘As Transporter’ that appears on the left hand side panel on the home page. The GSTIN becomes the Transporter ID/TransGSTIN. Whereas the GST unregistered Transporters also must enrol themselves on the e-way bill portal by clicking on ‘Enrolment for Transporters’. This way he shall be allotted the Transporter ID. Any customer who is not registered under GST but has to generate EWay bill as per EWay bill rules, must enrol himself as Citizen and get Unique login ID to generate EWay bill. However, ‘Enrolment for citizens’ window has been enabled for generating new EWB, update vehicle for generated EWB, print EWB, cancel EWB.
The following login window appears once the user accesses the portal:
To Login, user needs:
On logging into the e-way bill portal, User can find his GSTIN, Legal Name and Type of user whether as Taxpayer/transporter as the case may be, appeared on the Dashboard.