HDFC IFSC CodesIFSC code is a unique code representing the bank and its branch in India. IFSC stands for Indian Financial System Code. It consists of an alphanumeric combination of 11 characters. The English alphabets represent the name of the bank and numbers represent the branch. The 5th character is always 0 and the last six characters represent the branch. Taking an example, HDFC Bank IFSC code for Delhi MG road branch is HDFC022556. The first four letters denote the bank, followed by the fifth character which is zero and the remaining six characters which denote the exact branch address.
HDFC IFSC Code SearchThe Reserve Bank of India issues IFSC codes to all banks for several banking purposes especially for transferring funds online and offline. The IFSC code is used to identify banks and their branches that are involved in Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) or Immediate payment service (IMPS). Transferring funds from one bank to another using online or offline methods require IFSC code. A person transferring funds will have to add bank details of the receiver including the name of the bank, account number, type of account and IFSC Code. On entering all the bank details, IFSC code is verified and the sender can send transfer funds to the receiver. HDFC Bank IFSC code can be found either online or offline. The HDFC Bank IFSC code is printed on cheques issued by HDFC Bank and the account holders passbook. One can also contact HDFC customer care to enquire about particular branch IFSC codes. The following Information is required for Transferring Funds Using Any Mode of Payment
- Amount of remittance
- Bank’s account number
- Bank name of the receiver
- Name of the receiver
- Account number of the receiver
- Receiver’s bank branch’s IFSC code
About HDFC BankThe Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC) was incorporated in August 1994 and was amongst the first few banks to receive Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approval to set up a bank in the private sector. This was part of RBI’s liberalisation strategies of the Indian Banking Industry in 1994. HDFC Bank had its registered office in Mumbai and commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in January 1995. Since its establishment, HDFC has developed considerable expertise in retail mortgage loans catering to various market segments and it also has a large corporate client base for its housing-related credit operations. HDFC Bank’s business philosophy is based on five core values:
- Operational Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Product Leadership
Latest News on HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank launches Digital Loans against Mutual Funds (LAMF)
- HDFC Bank partners with Rajasthan Government to promote Start-Ups
- HDFC Bank Private Banking Group ranked No. 1 in 4 categories in Euromoney survey
- HDFC Bank’s InstaCard crosses 3 lakh cards milestone
HDFC Deposit RatesThe following are HDFC rates:
HDFC Loans Rates
Steps to Open an HDFC AccountPeople can open various types of bank accounts with HDFC for business and personal purposes to transact, save and earn interest on deposits and be secured financially. To be eligible to open an account with HDFC Bank, customers need to meet the eligibility as mentioned below.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The individual should be 18 years and above to meet eligibility.
- In the case of minors, the parents or the legal guardians of the minor can open the account on behalf of the minor.
- The applicant is required to have valid proof of identity and address proof that is approved and recognised by the government..
- Further to the above criteria and approval from the bank, the applicant must make an initial deposit which depends on the account type and maintain a minimum balance requirement for that particular savings account that has been chosen.
- Proof of identity – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card,
- Proof of address -Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card,
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- Recent passport size photographs
- Visit the HDFC bank branch that is closest to you or the HDFC bank website.
- Approach the bank executive/select open account option on the webpage.
- Fill in the account opening form with all relevant details
- Form 1 – Name of the applicant, address of the applicant, signature or thumb impression and various other credentials of the applicant
- Form 2 – This part is for customers to fill out if in case they do not have a PAN card.
- Ensure that all the fields of information are relevant and are entered in the correct format. The details mentioned by the applicant in the application form should correlate to the information provided and mentioned by the Identity and address proof
- Simultaneously, the applicant can submit the internet banking form to activate and gain access to online banking portal.
- Following the filling up of the application, the customer will have to make an initial deposit of money depending on the type of account they have opted to open.
- As soon as the bank completes the verification process of the application form, the applicant will be granted a starter kit.
- Debit/Credit card
- An envelope containing PIN for the card
- A chequebook
- Pay-in slips
- Set of account operating instructions
- Internet Banking credentials
HDFC CUSTOMER HELP-LINEIn case of any assistance, grievance, or information pertaining to HDFC Bank and in particular relating to the opening of a savings bank account, customers can contact the helpline at – 1800 22 1006
Organisation Structure of HDFCThe below picture portrays the structural hierarchy of HDFC Bank
Top Banks IFSC Code
|SBI||HDFC||Axis Bank||Indian Bank||Bank of Baroda|
|Canara Bank||Andhra Bank||PNB||Allahabad Bank||Union Bank|
|IDBI Bank||United Bank of India||Citibank||Dena Bank||Vijaya Bank|