Details about the land/property are very important to a buyer or the owner of the land/property. As a matter of precaution, if a person wants to purchase any land/property, he should check for the basic details. These details could be as simple as – in whose name is the land registered or who is the current owner of the land. Banglarbhumi portal provides these details along with the map of the land for the land/properties located in West Bengal. It also provides assistance to the entrepreneurs intending to set up new industries in the state by letting them know the infrastructure available at the proposed location. A user can also retrieve the information in relation to his block by just filling the district and block details.
Registration of Deed
A Property registration deed is the final agreement signed between two parties. Once the property is registered in the name of the buyer, the buyer becomes the legal owner of the property. This agreement is also known as the purchase/land deed which needs to be registered with the government. The procedure for registering a purchase/land deed can be seen here. Further, the e-appointment for registering this deed can be done on the same website. E-payment for registering the deed is compulsory if the stamp duty payable on the deed exceeds Rs.10,000/- or registration fee payable is more than of Rs.5,000/- or both
This registration procedure is integrated with the Income Tax Department so that PAN verification of the parties involved at the time of registering the deed is possible.
Online Mutation Application Process
Mutation is the process to change the title/owner of the property from one person to another when a transfer of property takes place. However, the process of the mutation can be initiated only when a property is registered. The mutation form is available on the banglarbhumi web portal. Here,
- The user is required to fill all the necessary information correctly to avoid rejection of the application.
- Once the mutation form with required details is submitted, an application reference number will be generated. This application number can be used by the user to check the status of the application.
- Post the registration, the user can pay the fee via the ‘Online Application Menu’ by clicking on the ‘Fees Payment’ option.
- The user will be required to fill the request type, application number and proceed to select the desired payment option.
- If the user pays the fees via the ‘online mode’ (debit card/ net banking) then the mutation case number will be registered immediately.
- If the user pays the fees by selecting the ‘counter payment’ option (offline), then the user can verify the status of his payment and registration through the ‘Application- GRN Search’ from the ‘Online Application’ option.
Online request for a certified copy of plot information/ Record Of Right (ROR)/ plot map
The people of West Bengal can apply for the certified copies of plot Information/ ROR/ plot map by following these simple steps:
- Log onto http://banglarbhumi.gov.in
- Under ‘Service Delivery option’ in the menu bar select your requirement – ROR Request/Plot Info Request/Plot map Request/ Request GRN search/ Application/Receipt Reprint.
- After selecting the required option it will redirect the user to a new page where he/she will be required to fill up the asked details. Further, automated calculation of fee is done by clicking on ‘calculate fee’.
- Here, the payment has to be made through the online mode.
A user can get the information about the property/land records by following these steps:
- Log onto the homepage of Banglarbhumi website and select “Know Your Property” under the Citizen Service option.
- Enter district, block, and mouza (village) details
- Search for the required information either by using the ‘khatian number’ or plot number.
- Once the appropriate number is submitted and are matched with the records, the user will get the required details.