The Department of Agriculture launched the Krishi Input Subsidy scheme for the benefit and welfare of the farmers in Bihar. Under this scheme, the Bihar Government provides a subsidy to the farmers for developing and growing agriculture.
The Krishi Input Subsidy scheme includes a subsidy for purchasing of seeds, agricultural equipment, transportation, irrigation facility, etc. It provides subsidies against the crops affected due to flood or drought or rains during the month of July to September. The farmers will receive a subsidy for a maximum of 2 hectares of land per farmer under this scheme.
Under the Krishi Input Subsidy scheme, only the farmers registered under the DBT portal of the Bihar State. The subsidy amount provided under this scheme is directly transferred to the bank account of the farmers. However, to receive the subsidy under this scheme, the farmers’ account needs to be linked with the Aadhaar Number.
Eligibility Criteria For Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme
The eligibility criteria for the Krishi Input Subsidy scheme are as follows:
- Every farmer who has his/her own cultivable land in the State of Bihar is eligible under the scheme.
- The farmers who apply for this scheme should not have availed any benefit previously under a similar scheme.
Subsidy Amount Provided Under Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme
The subsidy amount provided to the farmers who are affected by the damage of crop due to low rainfall or flood is as follows:
- For unirrigated crops – A subsidy of Rs.6,800 per hectare.
- For irrigated crops – A subsidy of Rs.13,500 per hectare.
- For perennial crops – A subsidy of Rs.18,000 per hectare.
Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme Application Procedure
The process for applying to the Krishi Input Subsidy scheme is as follows:
- Visit the official DBT agriculture portal of Bihar.
- Click on the ‘Registration’ button on the homepage and select the ‘Register’ option from the dropdown list.
- A new page will open with a window showing three options – CSC, SAHAJ, and General User. Click on the ‘General User’ option.
- The registration page will open. Choose the authentication type options of either ‘Demography+OPT’ or ‘Demography+Bio-Auth’ or ‘IRIS (Working)’.
- Write the ‘Aadhaar Number’ and ‘Aadhaar Name’ and click on the ‘Authentication’ button.
- The applicants will receive OTP on the registered mobile number. Fill in the OTP and click on the ‘Validate’ button.
- Fill in the New Registration form containing the details like name, address, mobile number, bank details, Aadhaar details, etc., and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The ‘Registration Number’ will generate. The applicants have to note down the registration number.
- The applicants have to click on the ‘Apply Online’ button on the homepage.
- Select the ‘Agricultural Input Grant Scheme’ option from the dropdown list.
- Upon clicking the ‘Agricultural Input Grant Scheme’ option, a new page will open where the applicants have to enter their ‘Registration Number’ in the box and click on the ‘Search’ button.
- The application form for this scheme will appear, and the applicants have to fill in the details such as name, address, age, aadhaar number, category of the farmer, panchayat, father name, date of birth, etc.
- Next, the applicants need to fill in the details of their land, farmer type, the reason for the damage of crop, description of the cultivable land, fill the declaration part and click on the ‘OTP’ button.
- The applicants will receive the OTP on their registered mobile number, and they have to verify the OTP.
- After verification of the OTP, the applicants have to select the self-declaration form and upload all the necessary documents and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After submitting the application form, the applicants will receive the SMS of the application number or reference number on their registered mobile number for future references.
After submission of the applications, all the applications are forwarded after the last date of the application process is closed to the Agriculture Coordinator. The Agriculture Coordinator will verify the application details within 20 days. After verification, the Agriculture Coordinator will either accept or reject the application with reason. The accepted applications are forwarded to the concerned Agriculture officer for providing subsidy.
Documents Required for Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme
The documents required for applying to the Krishi Input Subsidy scheme are as follows:
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Voter’s ID
- Income certificate
- Bank Account
Get an expert at affordable price
For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration