The Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) launched a unique skill training programme, Kushal Yuva Program (KYP), to enhance the employability skills of individuals aged between 15 to 28 years who have at least passed 10th class in Bihar. The KYP is a part of one of the seven commitments, namely “Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon ko Bal”.
Strategy of KYP
The strategy of KYP is to address the following challenges in the skill development ecosystem:
- Increase in a training capacity
- Minimum one Skill Development Centre (SDC) in 534 blocks to impart training in soft skills.
- Development of a pool of certified trainers through a mandatory Trainers Online Certification (OnCET) programme.
- Increase in access
- SDC at every block would provide a training centre to the doorstep of the youth.
- A statewide social mobilisation campaign would help increase awareness and higher participation/access.
- District registration cum counselling centres at the district level provide the necessary guidance for youth to access the KYP benefits.
- High relevance
- Package of communication skills, life skills and basic computer literacy to increase the employability of youth.
- Help in a smooth shift from homes to places with employment potential.
- Increase retention at the workplace.
- Improve the perception
- Experienced, qualified and certified trainers.
- Use of e-learning mode and high-quality content.
Features of KYP
- The course curriculum includes three components: communications skills, life skills and basic computer literacy.
- The course duration of all three components would be 240 hours.
- E-learning mode is used for training delivery.
- Assessment (mock tests and post-self-learning) of trainers (OnCET) followed by certification is carried out to maintain uniformity and have quality trainers across centres.
- The SDC imparts training and ensures that every trainer deployed by it undertakes the OnCET test.
- Trainers who have passed the KYP course and have educational qualifications of at least 12th pass are preferred.
- A sequential mode of learning is given to prohibit skipping sessions.
- Central monitoring of the progress of every candidate through the web portal.
- Integrated/inbuilt online certification and assessment process.
Eligibility of KYP
- Candidates must be residing in the state of Bihar.
- Candidates must be aged between 15 to 28 years. However, the age limit for ST/SC is 33 years, for OBC is 31 years, and for People with Disabilities (PwD) is 33 years.
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification of 10th class pass.
- All youths aged between 20 to 25 years who have opted for and received the sanction for self-help allowance must mandatory undertake and complete the KYP training. Otherwise, they will not get the last five months of their allowance, i.e. Rs.5,000.
Courses Under KYP
The KYP contains the following three courses:
English and Hindi Communication Skills
This course offers language and communication skills with a duration of 80 hours, which includes the following:
- Listening, speaking, reading, understanding and writing in Hindi and English.
- Grammer, vocabulary, pronunciation, sentence construction, quality of communication (clarity, pace, emphasis, fluency, etc.) and voice (pitch, intonation, modulation, etc.).
- Non-verbal communication.
Information Technology (IT) Literacy Skills
This course offers IT literacy, functionality, awareness and smart use of the following IT tools with a duration of 120 hours in Hindi and English medium:
- Windows 7.
- MS Word 2013.
- Internet browsers.
- MS Excel 2013.
- MS Access 2013.
- MS PowerPoint 2013.
- MS Outlook 2013.
- Open office writer.
- Google apps.
- Open office impress.
- Open office calc.
Soft and Life Skills for Workplace Readiness
This course offers soft and life skills with a duration of 40 hours in Hindi and English medium required for:
- Being sensitive towards others, self and nature.
- Managing and understanding self to raise personal competence.
- Understanding others and maintaining interpersonal relations through responsible communication.
- Achieving an enriched professional, personal and social life.
Registration for KYP
The registration process for the eligible candidates is as follows:
- Candidates will have to visit the 7nishchay portal.
- Enter the required details for registration on the 7nishchay portal.
- Visit the 7nishchay portal and log in using the username and password provided after registration on the portal.
- Fill in the required information on the personal information page and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Select ‘Kushal Yuva Program’ from the drop-down menu and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Fill in the details in the application form and sign the declaration.
- A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen, and a PDF copy of the acknowledgement will be displayed.
- Download the form and submit it to the District Registration cum Counselling Centres (DRCC) office.
- The DRCC will share the candidate’s details after verification with the Labor Resource Department, which will contact the candidate for training.
Documents Required for KYP
The documents required to apply for KYP are as follows:
- Aadhar card.
- 10th passing certificate.
- Resident certificate.
As of 8th July 2017, the total admissions for KYP crossed 1,12,000, and more than 1,100 centres were approved. In 2019, 1,795 approved centres, 4.83 lakh certified candidates and 7.29 lakh enrolled candidates under the KYP.
Get an expert at affordable price
For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration