The Government of Andhra Pradesh launched the YSR Law Nestham scheme in December 2019. Under this scheme, the government provides financial assistance every month as a stipend to junior lawyers. The main idea of this scheme is to provide financial security to the lawyers and advocates of the state.
The eligible beneficiaries under the YSR Law Nestham scheme will get a monthly grant. The purpose of the YSR Law Nestham scheme is to improve the legal structure of the state of AP and help people involved with the state’s judicial system. The central aspect of this scheme is to provide a monetary benefit to all eligible lawyers. By helping the lawyers, the judiciary system of the AP State will develop.
Eligibility Criteria For YSR Law Nestham Scheme
The eligibility criteria for the YSR Law Nestham scheme is as follows:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor Degree in Law.
- The applicants’ name should be entered in the rolls of advocates maintained by the Andhra Pradesh State Bar Council under Section 17 of the Advocates Act, 1961.
- The fresh law graduates passed out from the year 2016 and onwards are only eligible.
- The junior advocates who have started practice and have not completed the first three years of their practice are eligible for the stipend. The first three years of practice will be counted from the date of the issuance of Certificate of Enrolment under Section 22 of the Advocates Act, 1961.
- The junior advocates need to submit an Affidavit attested by their Senior Advocate having 15 years of practice or by the presiding officer of the court or by the State Bar Association, stating that they are still in active practice every six months.
- After enrolment with the State Bar Association, the advocates need to secure the Certificate of Practice by passing the Bar Examination conducted by the Bar Council of India within two years.
- The advocates should provide an undertaking that they will intimate online or the registering authority if they leave the Profession or get gainfully employed.
- The applicants should not exceed thirty-five years of age.
The following advocates/lawyers are ineligible for the YSR Law Nestham scheme:
- The advocates who have completed the first three years of practice are not eligible.
- The advocates possessing four-wheelers in their name are not eligible.
- Non-Practicing advocates are not eligible.
Non-practicing advocates are those advocates enrolled with the State Bar Council but are not in the actual practice of Law. These advocates are engaged in some other private or public job, contract, business, etc., not related to the Legal Profession as declared under Rule 13 and Rule 20.2 of the Certificate and Place of Practice (Verification) Rules, 2015.
Benefits of YSR Law Nestham Scheme
The advocates who meet the eligibility criteria receive Rs.5,000 every month as a stipend under the YSR Law Nestham scheme.
YSR Law Nestham Scheme Application Procedure
The process for applying for the YSR Law Nestham scheme is as follows:
- Visit the official YSR Law Nestham scheme website.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button on the homepage of the website.
- Select the ‘Aadhaar/VID Number with OTP’ or ‘Aadhaar/VID Number with Biometric’ or ‘Aadhaar/VID Number with IRIS’ option from the dropdown list.
- Next, enter the Aadhaar number/VID number and verify it.
- A new page will appear. Fill in the details such as the name, date of birth, gender, etc.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Fill in the other details such as address details, caste details, education, work details, bank details, etc., and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The applicant will receive a confirmation SMS and e-mail with the Application ID for further reference.
The selected candidates need to have an active bank account to be linked with the scheme. The money under this scheme will be transferred to the linked account of the selected applicant. It is given with the help of the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) option.
Documents Required For YSR Law Nestham Scheme
The documents required for the YSR Law Nestham scheme are as follows:
- Law Degree Certificate.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Aadhaar card.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC).
- State Bar Council certificate.
- Affidavit attested by senior advocate.
- Residential details for proof of domicile.
- Bank account details.
Get an expert at affordable price
For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration